Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Summer Blogging

20/12/16

Activity 1

Once you have read these phrases you will be ready to leave the airport and head to your hotel. Take a moment and imagine how you might feel if you were standing in the airport in a foreign country and you had to figure out how to communicate with people in a brand new language. Would you be scared? Would you feel confident? Write a short poem that describes how you might be feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc).

I would be scared because if someone just walks up to me and speaks Japanese I would be nervous because I have no idea what they are talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samuel,

    That is completely understandable! I would be scared too if I was in a new country and didn't know the language. I imagine that would be pretty nerve wracking! I see that you have told us how you would feel, maybe you could try putting that into a poem as well? That way we can award you full points for this activity!

    Although you may be scared in a new country, most of the time locals are pretty friendly! If you greet people with a smile on your face, and make an effort at trying to use some of their language then most people will try to help you out as much as they can :-) The important thing is to show that you're trying!

    Cheers,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete