Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Activity 2: What’s in a Name?

During the 1950s the population of New Zealand grew by 400,000 people. That is huge! In fact, so many people were having babies that many people refer to this period in our history as the ‘baby boom.’ Popular baby names in 1950s New Zealand were:

GIRLS BOYS
Christine John
Susan David
Margaret Peter
Judith Michael
Jennifer Robert

Read through the lists. Are these popular names in your school? On your blog, tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.

GIRLS- BOYS-
Sia Sam
Racheal Thomas
Malia Gabriel

1 comment:

  1. Hey Samuel,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. It's great to be back to read more of your posts!

    I have many friends called Rachel (which is similar to Racheal) but I've never had a friend called Malia. When I was in Intermediate, the popular names were Eden, Hannah, and Emily. I think I have many friends with names like Sam and Thomas, but I do not know anyone called Gabriel! I think Gabriel is a cool name :)

    Did you ever wanted to change your name to something else? Maybe because you didn't like your name or you had a preferred name?

    I enjoyed reading your post! Remember that you could earn more points by doing the bonus activities :) (They are worth more points!)

    Have a lovely day,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete