Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Activity 2: Setting Sail

The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave! They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…

Dear Friend,
I am very nervous to come visit you in New Zealand, I would coming on a voyage to New Zealand and I will be a little bit scared because it is my first time a voyage.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Samuel,

    Me again!
    Well done. You have made a good start to your letter. I like how you have said you are scared because it is your first voyage, I think that's how a lot of the Maori people would be feeling!

    Do you think you could tell me about what you would miss from your old home and what you would look forward to about New Zealand? I'm sure that the settlers would get homesick sometimes. I know I do when I go on long holidays!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Samuel Mikaela here,
    I have to say that I like the fact that you were literal about writing the letter to a "friend" but I also have to say that I think you could have done better with your words and making sense of what you were writing to your "friend".
    If you could fix up your letter and proof read it, it would surely be helpful to you and me.

    Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samuel
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    What an amazing way to write a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Samuel,
    I'd agree with your answer because going to a new country makes you feel nervous.

    Great work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete