Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Day 4: Hitting a High Note…

Activity 1: The Waiata - A Song in Your Heart
In the past, Māori would often use song as a way of sharing information or communicating emotions.  A waiata is the name given to a traditional Māori song. One of my all-time favourite waiata is Kia Paimarie. What about you?

Use Google to research traditional Māori Waiata. Listen to a number of Waiata and read the lyrics. On your blog tell us which one of the waiata you found you like the most. Why do you like it?

I like Poi-e because it really reminds me of the movie boy and thats the only traditional Maori song I know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam, that's a really cool song. It was a big popular hit when it first came out too. I also really like the movie Boy, it is super funny. What other movies do you like?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Samuel,
    I like that song too, It does remind me of the movie boy. That movie was funny as.

    Good Work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete