Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Activity 2: The Big ‘OE’

In the 1980s it became increasingly common for students to graduate from high school and take a year off to travel and experience the world. This year was often referred to as the ‘Big OE’ or ‘Big Overseas Experience.’ A number of kiwis headed to places like Australia and England to live and work before returning to New Zealand to finish their studies.

Imagine that you are a student in the 1980s and you’re about to graduate from high school. Where would you like to go on your big OE? On your blog tell us which country you would visit and give us three (3) reasons for your choice. Find some pictures on the internet of things that you would like to see and do in this country.
london.jpgsydney.jpg

I’d love to go to Switzerland and spend lots of time in the mountains, learning how to ski!











I would like to go to Japan to taste the fried rice there, explore their country and learn new things and I would like to go to Yakushi-j.



Image result for Yakushi-ji


Image result for Japan fried rice


Image result for Japan

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Samuel,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Billy at the Summer Learning Journey!

    You have done a beautiful job with this blg post. I like how you have added lots of photos of the different places you want to visit. Switzerland and Japan sound like beautiful countries to visit! My brother visited Japan a few years back and he said that it was an awesome country with great food, culture and technology. I have never heard of Yukashi-ji before. Are you able to explain to me what it is?

    It's awesome to see how actively you have been blogging this summer. I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. Just a reminder that you can earn bonus points by commenting on other children's Summer Learning Journey blog posts. I'm sure they would appreciate your thoughtful and helpful comments.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete