Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Activity 2: Country Calendar

Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

I think the hardest thing about being a farmer would be having to start your day early and ending it late.

I would not like to be a farmer when I grow up because:


- I think planting crops, for me would be very difficult because every other plant i've tried to have died



Sorry I don't have any other more reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Samuel, thanks for sharing your thoughts on what it would like to be a farmer. I don't think I would like to be a farmer either. It would suck dealing with stinky animals. They also work really long hours and the work is physically tiring. I am sure you'd get a sore back.

    Did you know that farmers have to get up really early?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete